Skunk #1 x Super Skunk
SKUNK #1 x SUPER SKUNK
Taking the Skunk family back to its Afghani roots, Super Skunk adds flavour, weight and potency to the always-reliable Skunk #1. Super Skunk qualifies as the first serious project to breed a next-level cannabis hybrid from the groundbreaking SK#1. Experimental Afghan-Skunk hybrids are featured in the very first Seed Bank catalogues and the breeding project aimed at finding the perfect Afghani genotype to match Skunk #1 goes back further still.
Throughout the Super Skunk project, breeders aimed to create a strain whose commercial potential, potency and hybrid vigour had never been seen before. Over the years, a large number of Afghani cultivars were crossed with both males and females of the true-breeding Skunk #1. Many wonderful plants were produced,The achievements in cannabis hybridisation made in the late Eighties meant that the standards for professional ganja were steadily moving upwards which, naturally, raised the bar for what was expected from the Super Skunk program.
That made the current version of our Skunk-Afghani hybrid possible. In 1990, Super Skunk in its final form was released to great acclaim, picking up the mostly-Indica Cannabis Cup straight away.
Super Skunk’s performance remains unchanged to this day, always living up to her super vigorous, super potent and super fragrant reputation. With just a little encouragement, females build colossal, crystalline colas indoors or in the greenhouse. Super Skunk bears the rare distinction of being one of the only cannabis strains that may require more experience to smoke than she does to grow!
- Flowering Time Indoor
- Between 59 an 68 days (Average: 63 days.)
- Stretch after the initiation of flowering
- ±134 Percent
- Growth Behavior
- Like a christmas tree
- Side Branches
- average to many; slightly above average length as well as slightly above average strongness.
- The plants of this Cannabis-Strain...
- ...can be placed close together. (!!!)
- ...do not need much care.
- ...are tolerant to over- or under-fertilization. (!!!)
- ...are not vulnerable to fungal diseases.
- ...are not susceptible to mold. (!!!)
- ...are tolerant of temperature fluctuations.
- ...are well suited for very low growrooms. (!!!)
- ...are well suited for a SoG (See of Green).
- ...are a good choice for beginners.
- ...from feminized seeds tend to hermaphrodites.
- ...need much fertilizer. (!!!)
- ...have no problems with low temperatures.
- ...have no problems with high temperatures. (!!!)
- ...looks and grow more like a Indica. (!!!)
- ...are well suited for a ScroG (Screen of Green).
- ...are a good choice for commercial cultivation.
- ...are well suited to Supercropping.
- ...build many, thick buds on the side branches.
- ...should be supported into the flowering period. (Nets, JoJos, Bamboo-Sticks).
- ...respond well to the pruning of the main stem.
- ...can build pre flowers into the growth period.
- ...should not be heavily pruned.
- ...from regular seeds tend to hermaphrodites.
Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 120-150 cm
Yield: up to 125 gr
Height: 120-150 cm
Yield: up to 500 gr